Monday, March 21, 2011

A pulled Muscle and a clean flower bed!

 I had a fantastic weekend, I feel like I got a lot accomplished, but as always it was still too short!

The Art Crawl friday night was a huge success, I have heard some people say they think around 4000 people showed up!

Saturday morning Nathan and I got up and started working in our front flower bed at about 10AM.  The weather couldnt have been better and I even got a little sun tan!  We took a water break here and there and also ate a sandwich and doritos for lunch, but we didnt got inside until 4:30!  It looks SO much better, I should have taken before and after pics but I will do that this Saturday before and after we put out our flowers and mulch.  Im thinking of going with a smaller mulch this time, we have been using nuggets but I think we will do a mulchier mulch.. if that makes any sense!



Sunday was time for church and we finally made it on time... actually early!  Even early enough for me to get a cup of coffee!!!  The sermon and music was wonderful as usual and if you want to listen just click here!  On our way home from church Nathan and I always pass an old dilapitated barn that usually collapses in on itself every time it storms.  Apparently someone is cleaning it out/up and when we rode by there was an old ladder back chair just laying on top of the junk pile!  So... I have been wanting one (for free) for so long because I want to put it out in my yard and sit a flower pot in it!  Sooo... we got it!  haha  I dont have any pics of it yet but trust me there will be more to come!  Im so excited about it!  So then we got home and I wanted to make these Chocolate Esspresso Cupcakes that were in a Paula Dean magazine, so I did and they turned out scruptious!  Also I clipped off a few branches from my curly willow tree and made this cute little arrangement!

This week is going to be pretty fun.  Tomorrow I am representing the bank in the adult spelling bee.  This is the 3rd year I've done this and its always a good time!  And then we have small group on Wednesday!  Duke plays on Thursday, and Friday I get to go get some flowers!!! 

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment