You probably are thinking to yourself right about now... "no wonder your fat moron! You eat stuff like this!" But hear me out! All I had to eat all day yesterday is an Aldi Brand Fit and Active 100 calorie Strawberry yogurt for lunch. So..I had a lot of calories to use up! I got this recipe from a Paula Dean Magazine and it was DELISH! I served it with a spring mix salad and Pillsbury bread sticks.
Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Chicken
by: Paula Deen
2 chicken breasts
mozerella or itallian blend shredded cheese
2 fresh basil leaves
1. cut the chicken breast at the thickets part to make a pocket or deep slit in.
2. put 4 pepperoni in the slit along with 2 tbls shredded cheese and 1 large basil leaf
3. secure with a toothpick
4. over medium high heat about 1 tbls cooking oil in a medium/large pan
5. lightly spray chicken on both sides with cooking spray, then salt and pepper both sides
6. brown chicken for 3 min. a side in pan
7. put chicken in oven for about 15 min at 350 (dont forget to preheat the oven)
8. remove from oven and sprinkle some cheese over chicken and tear a couple pepperonis up and sprinkle over chicken
9. return to oven and cook about 5 more min. or until cheese is melted
Voila! As I said before I fixed this with a spring mix salad, with a little cheese and cut up asparagus on top with ranch and just used the pillsbury refrigerated bread sticks!