Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Would it matter?

I have a friend who lives in Carthage, MO.  I emailed her today to make sure all was well, she said she is only 20 min. from there and if the tornado would have stayed on the ground any longer her house would have probably been gone too.  She said a man where she works died, along with his wife.  More storms are coming too, and this makes me worry about my friend. 

After seeing the storms in NC, AL, and MO I've come to a question.  Would it really matter if you were warned about the tornado?  Would it really matter if you made it to the center of your house and got in a closet or bathtub or wherever you are supposed to go?  Some people in that area of the country have storm cellars that are below ground, thats a great thing.  But here in the south, we don't have that.  So if your house is flying through the air like a toy, would it matter if your in the bathtub? 

What is your tornado plan?  We can only prepare for so much, then the rest is in Gods hands.  If its our time, its our time.  I think that would be a pretty scary way to go though. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Joplin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment