Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wild At Heart


I just finished reading the book Wild At Heart by John Eldredge.  This book took me a while because I read between moving into our new house and just being busy.  Nathan and I sometimes like to read before we go to sleep.  He is reading Captivating my John and Stasi Eldredge.  Im sure he will share with you when he is finished. 
Nathan and I have been married going on two years June 14th!  God has really grown us during this time.  We came to a point about a year into our marriage, where, Ill just be honest… we needed to understand each other better as a man, and as a woman.  We needed to understand why we are the way we are!  I had heard rave reviews about this book in the past and one night while we were in a Christian bookstore in Concord Mills, we stumbled across these books.  We initially didn’t buy them, for whatever reason, but the next week Nathan went back and got them.  Let me just say THIS BOOK HELPED!!!!  Wives if you don’t understand some things about your hubby…READ THIS BOOK… And hopefully your hubby will also read it for himself.  Nathan and I are going to switch books when he is finished reading. 
The book said a lot of powerful things, but  for me, the thing that really struck home was near the end.  The author poses the thought, “ When doe s God ever do the same thing twice in the bible?”  Sure, he heals the blind multiple times, but when does he ever use the same methods to do so?  When does he part the red sea twice?  When does he turn the water into wine again?  Correct me if Im wrong, and I may be…but I don’t recall him EVER doing the same thing the same way twice!  That’s because he is a CREATIVE being!  He is THE CREATOR!  With that being said, the author then states that Christians and Christianity has been given this “formula” mind set.  “Well, we’ve done it this way for years.”  “That band recorded Heart of Worship, so I’ll record Heart of Worship again, it worked for them!”  “This church grew by such and such.”  And so on and so on.  You get the picture?  WE ARE PUTTING GOD…THE CREATOR… IN A BOX!!!  Im so guilty!  I feel like if I don’t write songs that sound like the popular songs on the radio then they will not be accepted or effective, but that’s not what its about.   Whether your song reaches thousands or one, its purpose has been fulfilled.  The Bible says in Isaiah 55:
 8For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord.
    9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
    10For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,(D)
    11So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

This is the promises of God!  How awesome that his ways ARE higher than our ways.  This is just more proof that he is CREATIVE!  We too can be creative if we simply let the Holy Spirit speak through us and throw out the formulas!  Let GOD BE GOD!  The following verses are continued from Isaiah 55:
    12For you shall go out [from the spiritual exile caused by sin and evil into the homeland] with joy and be led forth [by your Leader, the Lord Himself, and His word] with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
    13Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; and it shall be to the Lord for a name of renown, for an everlasting sign [of jubilant exaltation] and memorial [to His praise], which shall not be cut off.
These are the rewards for being creative and letting the Lord work through us!  Because when its HIS idea, there is success instead of failure.  There is life instead of death.  Something that is not bearing fruit or CREATING LIFE is DEAD!  A stagnate pond cannot sustain life, just like a dead tree cannot produce fruit.  
This book challenged me to be the creative person God ment for me to be.  What is God wanting you to create?  Take time today to look at yourself, pray, and ask the Lord if you are using formulas and putting him in a box.  Where are the areas of your life you can be creative?


Buy Wild at Heart here on Amazon (My most fav place to shop):


No comments:

Post a Comment