Monday, November 21, 2011

Am I Missing Something?

Sometimes I dont know what to say in my posts, so the reason I havent been posting latley is mostly because I dont feel like I have anything worth really saying.  I think we all go through these spells.  But today I saw something I have a big question about....  First of all... read these lyrics.

Yellow diamonds in the light And we're standing side by side As your shadow crosses mine What it takes to come alive
It's the way I'm feeling I just can't deny But I've gotta let it go
We found love in a hopeless place We found love in a hopeless place We found love in a hopeless place We found love in a hopeless place
Shine a light through an open door Love and life I will divide Turn away cause I need you more Feel the heartbeat in my mind
It's the way I'm feeling I just can't deny But I've gotta let it go
We found love in a hopeless place We found love in a hopeless place We found love in a hopeless place We found love in a hopeless place

Pretty good song right?  What I got from that is that "we found love in a hopeless place".  Thats a pretty good message!  But apparetnly it really means this...



WHOA!!!!!  WHERE THE HECK DID THAT COME FROM?!  

We are reading the same lyrics as she is singing right?  It amazes me how you can hear a song and read lyrics and to someone else it means THAT.  I literally feel like I need a bath after watching that!  I dont understand it?  The song says we found love, but nothing about that shows love....nothing!  It does show a hopeless place... but I dont see any love being found except for the drugs they were on.  Which brings me to my next cause of concern.  Is this what my kids are going to want to watch?!  Please say no, because Im about to freak out!  It almost seems like subliminal messages with the drugs and smoking flashing up there.  

I try my best to keep an open mind about a lot of things, but that is the beauty of it all.  You can have your opinion and I can have mine, and my opinion is that this is TRASH and it terrifies me that this video is being banned in other countries but ours accepts it openly. Am I just being "old fashioned"? Maybe I am, but in the end whats the harm in that?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never watch music videos anymore! I hope my kids don't even want to listen to rap music! There's so many negative things in the media now... I just hope there's a lot more Taylor Swifts & Selena Gomezs out there that can be a respectable role model for the future generations! They were talking about that on Cosmo radio this morning...about how those two girls accept the fact that they're looked up to by millions of young girls & base their career decisions on just that.

    ReplyDelete